Discovering the Philippine Aromatics: Elemi and Ylang Ylang
Did you know that the Philippines is one of the most megadiverse countries in the world hosting over 5% of the entire world’s flora in an area not even 1% of the world’s total.
Get to know some of the aromatics popularly sourced from the tropical islands of the Philippines: Elemi (Canarium luzonicum & Canarium ovatum) and Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata).
Dive deeper as you learn the difference between the 2 Canarium species endemic to the country and experience first-hand the latest distillations available in the Philippines.
Date: 20 March 2023 (Monday)
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Venue: Rm. 602, 6/F, Hua Fu Commercial Building, 111 Queens Road West, Hong Kong.
1. Elemi (Canarium luzonicum & Canarium ovatum)
– Philippine Plant Biodiversity
– Canarium species all over the world
– Canarium species in the Philippines
– Get to know more about the Philippine Elemi
(i) Canarium luzonicum
(ii) Canarium ovatum
– Canarium Resin and Rosin
– Traditional uses of Elemi Resin
– Elemi Essential Oil and Hydrosol
– Caution and Safety Summary
2. Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
– Traditional Uses of Ylang Ylang
– Different Fractions and Applications of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
– Caution & Safety Summary
– Introducing the Ylang Ylang Hydrosol
– Aromatic Applications
3. Sharing Session
Participants can bring their own Elemi and Ylang Ylang to share
4. Q&A session
(IFPA/NAHA/AIA Member) HK$500
(APA Student & Graduate) HK$480
Speaker: Jirbie Go
– Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) as Director and Philippine Country Representative
– Airmid Institute as Philippine Ambassador
– Alliance of the Philippine Aromatherapists (APA) as Founder and Co-Chair
– International Clinical Aromatherapy Network (ICAN) as Professional Member
Jirbie is a Certified Aromatherapist passionate to spread the word on safe, sustainable, responsible, and respectful use of essential oils has been the paramount of her advocacy. Since 2018, Jirbie has led and initiated aromatherapy classes to support this mission teaching both locally and globally.
Jirbie has also been working a lot with their local aromatic plant product producers, essential oil microdistillers, and farmers to support the supply chain of the Philippine aromatherapy industry where she does pro bono consultation to farmers and provide educational support to the local producers.